[R-meta] Combine HR from multiple groups?

Kathrin Kuhr k@thr|n@kuhr @end|ng |rom un|-koe|n@de
Thu Feb 21 15:17:37 CET 2019

Hi all,

our situation: In a network meta-analysis, we want to pool two nodes
(two doses of the same treatment). Outcome of interest is overall
survival (Hazard ratios). To include a three-arm study (arm A: treatment
dose A; arm B: treatment dose B, arm C: placebo), we have to combine the
two treament arms. We only have relative treatment effect, i.e. HR A vs.
B, HR A vs. C, HR B vs. C. Is there a possibility to pool HR A vs. C and
B vs. C? As we use the same comparator C, we cannot easily calculate a
pooled meta-analysis estimate, right? And as we only have relative
effects, we cannot easily pool arm A and B as for binary data or mean
values, right? Or do we think too complicated?

We are happy for any ideas or examples.

Thanks,

Kathrin and Anne

--
Dr. rer. medic. Kathrin Kuhr, Dipl.-Stat.
AG Medizinische Statistik

Das IMSB ist umgezogen:

Universitätsklinikum Köln
Institut für Medizinische Statistik und Bioinformatik
Robert-Koch-Str. 10 (Gebäude 55, Gartenhaus; 2.OG, Raum 2.004)
D-50931 Köln

fon +49 (0)221 478-33410
fax +49 (0)221 478-33420
kathrin.kuhr using uni-koeln.de