[R-meta] A question regarding the 'metafor package' : Standardized regression coefficients as outcome measures

Lior Abramson |@br@m@on87 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Dec 12 15:34:26 CET 2019

Dear Wolfgang,
Thank you  very much for the response.
You are right, I am looking at ACE-type models. However, the way I
extracted the genetic coefficients (h) was simply by looking at the
correlations of MZ and DZ twins in each study, and than using Falconer's
formula to extract the coefficient from these correlations (i.e., the
square root of 2*(rMZ-rDZ)). This was the only way to assure that the
summary effects do not depend on researchers' degrees of freedom and
statistical decisions, since many of the studies reported h after model
fitting .

Is there a way to extract the sampling variance in this case?
Alternatively, do you think it is reasonable to perform Fisher Z
transformation on the coefficients and then use the sampling variance
formula that considers only the N of the total sample?

Thank you again,
Lior