[R-meta] Use of Hedges 1992 publication bias correction method

Aulbach, Matthias B m@tthi@@@@ulb@ch @ending from hel@inki@fi
Thu Sep 27 07:29:14 CEST 2018

Dear Chishio,

I've been looking into this and what I have found was the "weightr" package (https://www.r-bloggers.com/new-package-weightr-v-1-0-0/). There's also a shiny app where you can upload your data and run the analyses online: https://vevealab.shinyapps.io/WeightFunctionModel/

Is this what you mean?

I'll be happy to hear from other people on the list if they have found other resources than this one.

Best regards,

Matthias Aulbach
Diplom-Psychologe (Univ.), Doctoral Candidate
University of Helsinki | Faculty of Social Sciences | Social Psychology

-----Original Message-----
From: R-sig-meta-analysis <r-sig-meta-analysis-bounces using r-project.org> On Behalf Of Chishio Furukawa
Sent: torstai 27. syyskuuta 2018 7.38
To: R meta <r-sig-meta-analysis using r-project.org>
Subject: [R-meta] Use of Hedges 1992 publication bias correction method

Dear all,

I am writing to ask if anyone knows a statistical package that provides Hedges (1992) method to correct publication bias. It assumes that publication probability is a step function of p-value, and provides estimates using the maximum likelihood with assumptions that the underlying distributions are normal. It is commonly used in economics, but I could not find packages that automate this approach.

Please let me know if anyone knows about this!

Best regards,
Chishio

--
Chishio Furukawa