[R-meta] Using control-only and treatment-only studies in 'metafor' -- can you calculate effect sizes with NAs in your table?

Veronica Frans verofr@n@ @ending from gm@il@com
Tue Oct 30 20:38:20 CET 2018

Hello, Wolfgang,

Thanks for your reply.

The 'mean accuracy score' I am referring to here is the Area Under the
Receiver Operating Curve (a plot of true positive and false positive rates
of a model prediction), and is calculated from testing a trained model's
ability to accurately determine the presence of absence of an occurrence in
a given spatial grid. Values below 0.5 indicate complete randomness, and
values closer to 1 imply the highest predictability. It is one of the
standard measures of species distribution modeling in ecology, and I am
using this score to test models that follow a newer procedure (the
treatment) versus models that don't (the control). The goal is to see if
the treatment has a greater effect on accuracy than the control.

I am obviously new to meta-analyses, so any suggestions are definitely
appreciated. Thanks again for your help!

Veronica