[R-meta] Unimodal relationship?

Cesar Terrer Moreno cesar.terrer at me.com
Fri Mar 9 17:01:03 CET 2018

Dear Michael,

Indeed, I mean a U-shaped curve. I want to:

i) run model selection in the context of meta-analysis, but including this unimodal response, e.g.:

	glmulti(es ~ CNr + Biome + ph + totN. + MAT + MAP + deltaco2, marginality=TRUE,
                   dat=ecmdat,level=2, fitfunction=rma.glmulti, crit="aicc", confsetsize=2^7)

ii) and if it comes up as an important predictor, including this unimodal predictor in a  meta-regression.

	rma(es, var, data=ecmdat , mods= ~ MAT + MAP + deltaco2 + CNr)

So my question is, how can I treat CNr so the model understand CNr does not follow a linear relationship?
Thanks
César