[R-meta] Question regarding Generalized Linear Mixed-effects Model for Meta-analysis

James Pustejovsky jepusto at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 15:12:17 CET 2018

Wolfgang,

Please forgive me for following up with questions that are pure statistical
geekery. Do you have a reference for the formula you gave on estimating the
sampling variance of a mean proportion? I haven't seen it before and was
curious to know its development. Also, is there a problem with simply using
s^2 / n? This is the unbiased variance estimator under simple random
sampling, and so I would have thought that it would work adequately here.

Best,
James