[R-meta] How to deal with "dependent" Effect sizes?

Viechtbauer Wolfgang (SP) wolfgang.viechtbauer at maastrichtuniversity.nl
Mon Feb 26 17:55:42 CET 2018

For cluster-robust inference methods, there is the robust() function in metafor. James' clubSandwich package (https://cran.r-project.org/package=clubSandwich) also works nicely together with metafor. However, generally speaking, these methods work *asymptotically*. clubSandwich includes some small-sample corrections, but I doubt that James would advocate their use in such a small k setting. So I don't think cluster-robust inference methods are an appropriate way to handle the dependency here.

What kind of 'effect sizes' are we talking about here anyway?