[R-meta] Calculate individual SDs from ES's SDs

Cesar Terrer Moreno cesar.terrer at me.com
Wed Feb 21 13:41:05 CET 2018

Dear all,

I have a series of effects sizes, expressed as e.g.:

1.38 ± 0.07 (MEANexp/MEANcontrol, SD, n=3)

I have to express these experiments as MEANexp, SDexp, MEANcontrol, SDcontrol in order to put all data in a correct formar that can be read by escalc in metafor.

I guess I can assume MEANexp = 1.38 and MEANcontrol = 1, but how can I compute SDs so that escalc computes the effect size’s variance properly?

Thanks
César