[R-meta] Assessing publication bias from multilevel modelling

Célia Sofia Moreira celiasofiamoreira at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 18:56:04 CET 2018

Dear Michael and James,

Thank you very much for your nice recommendations. Meanwhile, I don't know
if it is just by chance, but the funnel plots of

mm<-rma.mv(y ~ 1, V=Vlist, random = ~ 1 |Study, struct = "UN", data =
base); #Vlist <- impute_covariance_matrix(vi = base$v, cluster =
base$Study, r = .5)
m<-rma(y ~ 1, v,  data = base);

are precisely the same (although the models' summaries are different)! I
was not expecting this result.
Does this make sense to you? Maybe "funnel(mm)" is not taking into account
the random part of the model, I don't know... Can you please comment about
this fact?