[R-meta] Publication Bias

Gerta Ruecker ruecker @ending from imbi@uni-freiburg@de
Wed Dec 19 16:14:21 CET 2018

Dear Delphine,

beyond the R code the question is: What does a funnel plot test mean for
a meta-analysis of proportions? For meta-analyses of comparative effect
sizes (i.e.,  comparing two interventions), the assumption behind the
funnel plot tests is that imprecise studies with undesired effects
(e.g., placebo better than treatment) were suppressed, leading to a gap
in the funnel plot on the "bad" side. But what is the corresponding
hypothesis for proportions, for example prevalences? Does the
funnelplot/the test make sense? How would you interpret ther result?

Best,

Gerta