[R-meta] Modeling dependent effect sizes (MASEM/TSSEM)

Viechtbauer, Wolfgang (SP) wolfg@ng@viechtb@uer @ending from m@@@trichtuniver@ity@nl
Wed Dec 19 10:48:11 CET 2018

Hi Marius,

Even though we may want to use cluster-robust methods in the end, I think one should try to have a 'working model' that is at least a decent approximation. This will increase the efficiency of the parameter estimates and can also prevent that studies with a lot of effects are receiving 'undue' weight in the analysis. So, I would still use:

Step1 <- rma.mv(yi=r, V=N_INV,
                data=Robust1,
                random=list(~1|K_ID,~1|ESID),
                method="ML", mods=~factor(Zelle)-1)

as my working model and then:

step2 <- robust(Step1, cluster = Robust1$K_ID, adjust = TRUE)
summary(step2)

for the cluster-robust inferences.