[R-meta] effect size for proportion with respect to the chance expected

Wolfgang Viechtbauer wolfg@ng@viechtb@uer @ending from m@@@trichtuniver@ity@nl
Thu Aug 16 12:07:08 CEST 2018

So, then the "effect size" would be:

50/100 - .25

and the corresponding sampling variance would be computed with:

50/100 * (100-50)/100 / 100

or in general, if p is the observed proportion and n the sample size,
then:

p * (1-p) / n

This assumes that the expected proportion is really some fixed constant
and not something that is computed based on data.