[R-meta] Pairwise comparisons between the factor levels and compact letter display (cld)

Viechtbauer, Wolfgang (SP) wolfg@ng@viechtb@uer @ending from m@@@trichtuniver@ity@nl
Tue Aug 14 22:09:18 CEST 2018

Hi Jan,

Can you provide a small reproducible example that yields this error? I have never tried to see how well metafor objects play together with cld().

From: R-sig-meta-analysis [mailto:r-sig-meta-analysis-bounces using r-project.org] On Behalf Of Jan Kardela (PGR)
Sent: Monday, 13 August, 2018 12:01
To: r-sig-meta-analysis using r-project.org
Subject: [R-meta] Pairwise comparisons between the factor levels and compact letter display (cld)

Hello.
I am doing a multilevel meta-analysis in metafor and I am running a glht function from multcomp package to determine all-pairwise comparisons. I use contrMat function with Tukey switch to obtain the matrix contrast. As my categorical factor has 11 levels I would like to have some sort of compact letter display notification (cld) to more efficiently report the differences between all pairs. When I try to feed the glht model to the cld function I get an error "Error in formula.default(object, env = baseenv()) : invalid formula". Could someone please point me in the right direction and provide some advice?
Thank you in advance for all the help!
Best regards,
Jan