[R-meta] Quick question about the metafor package: log-odds with rma()

Flávio Azevedo falafla at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 19:18:01 CEST 2017

Dear r-sig-meta-analysis,
(and James and Wolfang)

Thank you for your kind and explanatory answer James. And apologies for
addressing it to Wolfgang, I now understand how​ ​this​ ​works.​

​I will proceed with your suggestions and also estimate the log-odds we are
interested based on the pooled data.

Lastly, I leave the below information in case it changes your prior
suggestion. The data ensue from 4 surveys/studies in Social Sciences,
mostly political variables. Three samples used large convenience samples,
and 1 is representative w.r.t. the target population via a professional
survey company. All estimates ensue from Logistic regressions with the
form: glm(DV ~ IV + same.controls, family​ =​ ​binomial(link='logit').

All the best,

\Flavio Azevedo