[R-meta] Question about netmeta

Gerta Ruecker ruecker at imbi.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Sep 8 18:46:14 CEST 2017

Dear Antonio,

Thank you for your question. netmeta is based on a consistency model. In
addition, there are some features to investigate (in)consistency, see
functions decomp.design() (to look at consistency under the assumption
of a full design-by-treatment interaction random effects model) or
netheat() (for visualization) or netsplit() (for separating direct and
indirect evidence). However, there is no modelling of inconsistency
providing parameter estimates under an inconsistency model. Insofar, the
sentence in the cited reference ("The modeling process provides flexible
options for the incorporation of heterogeneity and inconsistency in the
estimation") is misleading.

To briefly answer your question below: If you run netmeta, your results
(parameter estimates) are always based on the consistency model.

Best,

Gerta