[R-meta] The trim and fill method for rma.mv function

Viechtbauer Wolfgang (SP) wolfgang.viechtbauer at maastrichtuniversity.nl
Tue Oct 31 11:17:01 CET 2017

Dear Rafael,

The trim and fill method has not been generalized to more complex models, so this is why this is not available in metafor.

It is relatively straightforward though to extend the 'regression test' to more complex models. Simply include some measure of precision of the estimates (e.g., the standard error, the (inverse) sample size) as a predictor/moderator into the model.

Wolfgang Viechtbauer, Ph.D., Statistician | Department of Psychiatry and
Neuropsychology | Maastricht University | P.O. Box 616 (VIJV1) | 6200 MD
Maastricht, The Netherlands | +31 (43) 388-4170 | http://www.wvbauer.com