[R-meta] rma with already available pre-post changes; yi=yi

Ken Beath ken at kjbeath.com.au
Sat Oct 21 10:19:50 CEST 2017

This is a basic R question. If the passed arguments align with the function definition (this can be obtained from the help) then it is not necessary to name them. If instead you want to pass them in a different order  or leave them out then you must pass them by name. This also applies if they are not specified in the function but the function allows additional parameters, indicated by …  The names of the variables that you pass to the function mean nothing.

I suggest going to https://cran.r-project.org/manuals.html, downloading An Introduction to R for R-release and reading Chapter 10. The rest is quite useful as well.

Ken