[R-meta] rma with already available pre-post changes; yi=yi

P. Roberto Bakker robertobakker at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 06:28:02 CEST 2017

Hi,

I want to meta-analyze pre-post change measures between treatment vs
placebo.
I got already delivered the Hedges g between the two arms and  their SE
Hedges g.
So I used res <- rma(measure="SMCC", yi=yi, vi=vi, data=datsub, digits=2,
method = "REML")

My questions:
Do I need to use SMCC  in rma()? I suppose 'measure=' is necessary in
escalc()
I see no difference in SMCC/SMCR etc. So I suppose it is not necessary. I
only use it for the forest() scale title.

Do I use yi=yi or just yi? As ask this because I was adviced in a former
mail to use sei=sei instead of sei, the same voor vi.

Bw
Roberto