[R-meta] Binomial Effect Size Display?

Michael Dewey lists at dewey.myzen.co.uk
Thu Jul 20 10:27:57 CEST 2017

Dear Mark

There are some examples in the Cooper and Hedges handbook in a chapter
by Rosentahl where clinical trials which were stopped early on ethical
grounds because of the large size of effect are shown to have very small
values of r. The BESD was, I imagine, a response to the use of r which
gave a misleading result here. But, as Wolfgang said in another post,
the BESD is hardly ever seen in the wild because nobody running a
clinical study would usually use anything other than odds/risk ratios or
mean differences.

Michael

--
Michael