[R-meta] Individual participant data (IPD) meta-analysis

Martineau, Roger Roger.Martineau at AGR.GC.CA
Tue Jul 18 20:53:15 CEST 2017

Dear metafor users,

I read that paper recently: Stewart et al. (2012) Statistical analysis of individual participant data meta-analyses: a comparison of methods and recommendations for practice. PLOSOne e46042. IPD meta-analysis models can be fitted with one- and two-stage models. In the M&M of that paper, the authors report that they used the lme4 package for the one-stage model and the metafor package for the two-stage model (see page 3). I couldn’t contact the authors to get more information.

I have the raw data from several studies from our laboratory and would like to fit a one-stage IPD meta-analysis model. Can it be done with metafor using the rma.mv function and how to do it ?

Thanks in advance,

Roger ☺

Roger Martineau, mv Ph.D.
Centre de recherche et de développement
sur le bovin laitier et le porc
Agriculture et agroalimentaire Canada/Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
Téléphone/Telephone: 819-780-7319
Télécopieur/Facsimile: 819-564-5507
2000, Rue Collège / 2000, College Street
Sherbrooke (Québec)  J1M 0C8
Canada
roger.martineau at agr.gc.ca<mailto:roger.martineau at agr.gc.ca>