[R-meta] Direction of the effect sizes

Miguel García Kml migueline at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 18:57:09 CET 2017

Dear Michael:

Thank you very much for your help. What I did was to do the meta-analysis
by groups to avoid this problem, but due to my inexperience I wanted to be
sure that it was correct and my question made sense.

However, I still worry about the sign, especially in the meta-regression
since, for example, longer exposure times will produce larger effects (both
positive and negative, depending on the music and task), and if I do not
use the absolute values the effects will be canceled, implying something
that is not correct. Does this reasoning make any sense?

Miguel