[R-sig-mediawiki] Installation Trouble - getCmd() issue?

Sigbert Klinke sigbert at wiwi.hu-berlin.de
Wed Feb 7 15:32:55 CET 2007

Hi,
> Hello Mr Klinke
>
> Thanks for your fast answer. I'm using XAMPPlite version 1.5.3a (a
> seen below) and MediaWiki version 1.8.2 in a windows xp professional
> environment.
>
>  ApacheFriends XAMPP Lite version 1.5.3a
>
>  + Apache 2.2.2
>  + MySQL 5.0.21
>  + PHP 5.1.4 + PEAR (basic package)
>  + eAccelerator 0.9.5 beta2 (PHP5 experimentally)
>  + XAMPP Control Version 2.3 from www.nat32.com    + XAMPP Security
> 1.0    + SQLite 2.8.15
>  + OpenSSL 0.9.8b
>  + phpMyAdmin 2.8.1
>  + Webalizer 2.01-10
>  + Zend Optimizer 3.0.0
>
> I hope this will help. Many thanks.
When I install XAMPP Lite version 1.5.3a + Mediawiki 1.5.3. and the R
extension v0.04 I get a page with the entry

ERROR: <convert...> command not found in

If it is that what you get then obviously the R extension did not find
the convert command from the ImageMagick package. If you have installed
ImageMagick somewhere in your system then simply change in the routine
getCmd in extbase.php the line

$path = array('C:\path-to-the-convert-cmd\');

For the other necessary commands you have to add the other pathes in
extbase.php too.
It might be a severe problem that the extension is written for Unix (I
gave up to get it working under Windows).

Best regards

Sigbert Klinke