[R-sig-mediawiki] Installation Trouble - getCmd() issue?

Sigbert Klinke sigbert at wiwi.hu-berlin.de
Thu Dec 7 08:42:57 CET 2006

Hi,
> I don't want to take up your time with all these mails, but hope my
> experience might be useful for other users.
Don't worry, I'am very interested to know why it does not work on your
computer.
> [root at dev extensions]# diff Rext.php Rext.php.original.fails   ***
> diff reports no differences
> [root at dev extensions]#
>
> Perhaps I just don't know enough about linux, but the above seems very
> odd to me.
This is really odd.
> Anyway, I can now get it up and running - as long as I use Security
> level 2.
I do not understand this, the highest level works, but the lower and
simpler do not work...
> Error in file(file, "r", encoding = encoding) :
> unable to open connection
> In addition: Warning message:
> cannot open file '/var/www/html/wiki/extensions/R/StatWiki.r', reason
> 'Permission denied'
> Execution halted
Did you try to make a copy from StatWiki.r as well?
> I can skip over this by commenting out the R code that tries to run
> StatWiki.r.  Your binomial pdf example will still work. However, I'd
> prefer to have a proper install. If you have any alternative
> reccomendations, that would be great.
It just contains the addtional R functions; but if the binomial pdf with
the tabel works than outHTML must work. And this function is defined in
StatWiki.r. Really strange.

During the weekend I will try to set up a system like yours and try it
myself.

Best regards

  Sigbert