[R-sig-mediawiki] Installation Trouble - getCmd() issue?

Sigbert Klinke sigbert at wiwi.hu-berlin.de
Tue Dec 5 13:57:51 CET 2006

Hi,
> I did some experiments which have convinced me that either the Rext.php
> include statement is not finding the extbase.php in the same directory, or
> that the webserver doesn't have the permission to use it.  I also suspect I
> may have a similar issue to the www.XYZdomain.de example you give in the
> documentation, but I don't understand what my issue could be.
>
 > My directory structure is like
 >
 > /var/www/html/wiki which maps to dev.cassin.name/wiki

If you look at extbase.php, you will find:

function extractUrl ($input) {
# Suse Linux:  /srv/www/htdocs
#   TeachWiki: /srv/www/htdocs/mediawiki/teachwiki
#   StatWiki:  /srv/www/htdocs/mediawiki/statwiki
# Debian:      /var/www
  $exparr = array('www', 'htdocs', 'statwiki', 'teachwiki');

In $exparr is stored when to assume that the wiki directory starts. In
your case you should add a 'html' such that

  $exparr = array('www', 'htdocs', 'statwiki', 'teachwiki', 'html');
> However, when I changed the include to the relative path
> wiki\extensions\extbase.php, it does not work.

Maybe this solves also your extbase.php problem, but I'am not sure. In
worst case include the absolute path into Rext.php (maybe with a
include_once).
> By the way, how many people do you have involved in this project?  I think
> it's very interesting.

At my place nobody, but some users have contributed some code to the
project. I will continue, if I change to a new mediawiki version. But up
to now nobody reported errors with the mediawikis after 1.6.8 which I'am
using.

Yours sincerely

  Sigbert Klinke