[R-SIG-Mac] Table of contents for book changed after LaTeX update

Antony Unwin unw|n @end|ng |rom m@th@un|-@ug@burg@de
Wed May 8 15:45:24 CEST 2024

At the weekend I asked about a LaTex problem I had on the Mac and got an immediate solution, great!  I have accordingly updated my LaTeX using tinytex and have a new problem.  When I built my book with bookdown using the updated LaTeX there were a few small changes that I had to fix, some of which I think may have been due to a bit more space being given around tables, graphics, and lists.  There was also a large change, the table of contents has extra spacing everywhere, so that now it needs 7 pages instead of 5.  How can I get the old table of contents back?

The book is for CRCPress and uses their krantz.cls LaTeX class file.

Thanks, as always, for any help.

Antony

Professor (em.) Antony Unwin
Mathematics Institute,