[R-SIG-Mac] R , RCPP unsing MACOS ventura

Andrea Apolloni @bu@@po||on| @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Mar 15 15:58:46 CET 2023

Dear Simon , dearl all
thank you for your feedback

On Mon, Mar 13, 2023 at 8:02 PM Simon Urbanek <simon.urbanek using r-project.org>
wrote:

> Andrea,
>
> Make sure you don't have any outdated tools or flags overrides (e.g. in
> ~/.R).

I'm not sure how to do it (sorry). I'm going with the second option

> If it doubt clean /usr/local and uninstall Homebrew.

> The error suggests your are using compilers that don't support your system.

I think that one of the problem relies on Xcode and command line taht are
not updated for the new version of Macos Ventura 13.2.1. In particular if I
follwo the procedure from
https://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/
and install the gfortran compiler
https://github.com/fxcoudert/gfortran-for-macOS/releases/tag/12.2-ventura

there isn't an updated compiler for  the version mac os Ventura 13.2.1 for
intel
Do you know any compiler I can use alternatively?
Thank you for all teh discussion
Bests
Andrea