[R-SIG-Mac] question about using edit() function on mac

Fri Apr 21 20:35:55 CEST 2023

On 21/04/2023 7:54 a.m., Barry Zeeberg wrote:
> I have a question about using the edit() function inside an R program that
> I am running in the standard R console, and on a mac mini with the most
> recent OS.

I believe you mean R.app.

>   (1) I was wondering if there is a way to programmatically control the
> screen location where the edit window appears, and the size of the edit
> window.

I don't think there's anything in R, but it does remember the size from
invocation to invocation (even across sessions), so it must be saving it
somewhere.  Maybe if you found that spot you could change the value
before opening it.

> (2) I also notice that the edit window for an array with say 4 columns
> shows up with a fifth column that is empty and that stretches all the way
> across to the right edge of the screen. Can I suppress this extra empty
> column from showing up?

Again, I don't think so:  that wouldn't really be compatible with
maintaining the size.

> (3) Finally, and less importantly to me, is there any way to select the
> font style and the font size that is used in the edit window?

As far as I can see, no.

Duncan Murdoch