[R-SIG-Mac] R and Ventura

Calboli Federico (LUKE) |eder|co@c@|bo|| @end|ng |rom |uke@||
Wed Dec 14 13:37:02 CET 2022

> On 14. Dec 2022, at 14.19, Kevin Thorpe <kevin.thorpe using utoronto.ca> wrote:
>
> Hello.
>
> Shortly after Ventura released a saw a few posts on this list about peculiarities (I saw something about Xcode common line tools I believe). I am thinking of upgrading soon from Monterey to Ventura (Intel chip) and wanted to see if there were any pitfalls. I looked at the MAC FAQ on CRAN and in the tools directory (regarding compiler tools) and see no specific mention of Ventura.

I am on Ventura and I have no issue.  I do not use XCode, just the command line tools.  Both are available as a stable release install.  I use homebrew for gfortran.

XQuartz should probably be reinstalled, and a new version was made availble early this/last week.

Basically, unless you expect to compile packages from source, everything should work.  If you install from source, or use specific packages that call C or Fortran code other might give better insight.

BW

Federico Calboli
Tutkija
Genomiikka ja jalostus, Luonnonvarakeskus
+358295322656