[R-SIG-Mac] R and Ventura

Kevin Thorpe kev|n@thorpe @end|ng |rom utoronto@c@
Wed Dec 14 13:19:57 CET 2022

Hello.

Shortly after Ventura released a saw a few posts on this list about peculiarities (I saw something about Xcode common line tools I believe). I am thinking of upgrading soon from Monterey to Ventura (Intel chip) and wanted to see if there were any pitfalls. I looked at the MAC FAQ on CRAN and in the tools directory (regarding compiler tools) and see no specific mention of Ventura.

I am assuming my current R installation will continue to work. Will I need to re-install XQuartz, or is that only for new R versions? I guess the biggest challenge, for me anyway, is keeping up-to-date with the necessary pieces to compile R packages that need compilation.

I hope my points of concern are clear enough to answer.

Thank you,

Kevin

--
Kevin E. Thorpe
Head of Biostatistics,  Applied Health Research Centre (AHRC)