[R-SIG-Mac] error stream getting unworkable.

Timothy Bates t|m@b@te@ @end|ng |rom ed@@c@uk
Sun Aug 7 21:52:02 CEST 2022

Hi Simon,
Hope all’s well.

Looking at RController.m and the "fixBuggyOutput" function

It seems to me candidates for adding to this list (assuming it can’t be fixed)

I’m getting a lot of "Could not create system idle sleep assertion”
e.g. 2022-08-07 20:19:30.010 R[3196:92038] *** -[_NSActivityAssertion _initWithActivityOptions:reason:expirationHandler:]: Warning: Could not create system idle sleep assertion (-536870211)

I’m also getting output from menu short cuts.
e.g. "cmd-opt-L” (clear console) generates this:
        Located match from cache: item 'Clear Console' in menu 'Edit' with match penalty 0
        Choosing result from list: item 'Clear Console' in menu 'Edit' with match penalty 0

and cmd-C (copy) generates this.
        Located char match from search: item 'Copy' in menu 'Edit' with match penalty 0
        Choosing result from list: item 'Copy' in menu 'Edit' with match penalty 0
        Marking command key cache valid

So adding those would help a lot.

> I wish - it's been on Github for quite a while: https://github.com/R-macos/Mac-GUI but it has made little difference, still no contributors.t

I can’t believe it but zero forks of the app on GitHub… Oh well There’s one now :-)

Given none of us were aware of it, I think promoting it would be helpful.
Perhaps aa a line to the startup in R.app saying "Contribute at https://github.com/R-macos/Mac-GUI”  ?

APPLE
If OS bugs can be reproduced, they can be sent in as bug reports to Apple, the more copies the more likely they fix it.
ACTION: If they are MacOS bugs, we can each report them to Apple and quote the Radar # to let them become aware of these.
Any Radar #s?

The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, with registration number SC005336. Is e buidheann carthannais a th’ ann an Oilthigh Dhùn Èideann, clàraichte an Alba, àireamh clàraidh SC005336.