[R-SIG-Mac] Please test R 4.2.0 pre-releases

Adrian Dușa du@@@@dr|@n @end|ng |rom un|buc@ro
Mon Apr 18 07:55:14 CEST 2022

Hello Simon,

On Mon, 18 Apr 2022 at 00:29, Simon Urbanek <simon.urbanek using r-project.org>
wrote:

> [...] I can modify the GUI to check and make sure the user library is
> added to the path after it has been created.

I think that would be great.
Indeed, the user library was added to .libPaths() at the next start of R,
but new users find it counter-intuitive to install a package and not be
able to load it immediately afterwards.

2) tab-complete: can you elaborate on that one? I cannot reporduce the
> error, so please send more details instructions how to reproduce.

That is something I only started to witness after upgrading to Monterey, I
believe. It happens when trying to autocomplete a path, for instance on
source() or read.csv() etc.
Attached is a screenshot with the result, but I would not know how to
replicate it. This only happens in the Rgui and nowhere else (I do not get
this in RStudio, if that information is useful).

Below is the result from the sessionInfo(), and I would be happy to provide
more details if needed:

R version 4.2.0 RC (2022-04-15 r82193)
Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin17.0 (64-bit)
Running under: macOS Monterey 12.3.1

Matrix products: default
BLAS:
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/4.2/Resources/lib/libRblas.0.dylib
LAPACK:
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/4.2/Resources/lib/libRlapack.dylib

locale:
[1] en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8/C/en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8

attached base packages:

[1] compiler_4.2.0

--
Adrian Dusa