[R-SIG-Mac] Please test R 4.2.0 pre-releases

Adrian Dușa du@@@@dr|@n @end|ng |rom un|buc@ro
Sun Apr 17 19:50:26 CEST 2022

Hello Simon,

A couple of things, here.
>From a terminal, using R CMD INSTALL, as well as using install.packages()
from within R, packages get installed into the default .libPaths() location:
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/4.2/Resources/library/

However, using the RGui menu Packages & Data / Package Installer, packages
are installed in the R_LIBS_USER:
/Users/dusadrian/Library/R/x86_64/4.2/library

Since .libPaths() does not know this location, packages installed this way
are not found.

Also, most likely unrelated to R 4.2 but to some unicode problems on
Monterey, when using double-tab autocomplete in the RGui
(R for macOS GUI 1.78-devel High Sierra build 8067), I get an additional
red message:
IsMenuKeyEvent: found no unichar data in event; retranslated without
deadkeys to produce ' '

If this could somehow be captured and silenced by the GUI, it would be
perfect. Otherwise, any hint on what should be done would be greatly
appreciated.

I hope this helps,
Adrian