[R-SIG-Mac] Uninstall R for clean install of R on a Mac

Amarjit Chandhial @@ch@ndh|@| @end|ng |rom bt|nternet@com
Mon Nov 8 11:51:12 CET 2021

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the reply,

I know how to install R. My question was for exact instructions on how
to properly and completely uninstall R on a Mac.

thanks,
Amarjit

------ Original Message ------
From: "Erich Neuwirth" <erich.neuwirth using univie.ac.at>
To: a.chandhial using btinternet.com
Cc: "R-SIG-MAC" <r-sig-mac using r-project.org>
Sent: Monday, 8 Nov, 2021 At 10:43
Subject: Re: [R-SIG-Mac] Uninstall R for clean install of R on a Mac
Reading the documentation might help.
 From the
R for macOS FAQ
1.3 How can R for macOS be obtained and installed?
R is available on CRAN in the form of an Installer package containing
the R framework and the R.APP GUI. The package is usually named R.pkg
with an optional version number.
The installation is done by double-clicking on the Installer package.
The Installer will guide you through the necessary steps. Note that it
will require password or login of an account with administrator
privileges. The installation can be customized, but the default is
suitable for most users.
Snapshots of the R-patched and R-devel flavours are available at
http://mac.R-project.org/, <http://mac.R-project.org/,>  packaged in the
same way.
Further details, including uninstallation and building R from the
sources, are in the ‘R Installation and Administration Manual’.

On 08.11.2021, at 11:39, Amarjit Chandhial via R-SIG-Mac