[R-SIG-Mac] Uninstall R for clean install of R on a Mac

Erich Neuwirth er|ch@neuw|rth @end|ng |rom un|v|e@@c@@t
Mon Nov 8 11:43:42 CET 2021

Reading the documentation might help.
From the

R for macOS FAQ

1.3 How can R for macOS be obtained and installed?

R is available on CRAN in the form of an Installer package containing the R framework and the R.APP GUI. The package is usually named R.pkg with an optional version number.

The installation is done by double-clicking on the Installer package. The Installer will guide you through the necessary steps. Note that it will require password or login of an account with administrator privileges. The installation can be customized, but the default is suitable for most users.

Snapshots of the R-patched and R-devel flavours are available at http://mac.R-project.org/, packaged in the same way.

Further details, including uninstallation and building R from the sources, are in the ‘R Installation and Administration Manual’.