[R-SIG-Mac] ANSI escape weirdness on M1 (libedit issue?)

Simon Urbanek @|mon@urb@nek @end|ng |rom R-project@org
Wed Nov 3 22:55:05 CET 2021

Gabor,

as you can see the x86_64 readline is a very old build 5.2-14 - it is the last version released under GPL-2. Later versions are to my best knowledge license-incompatible since they are released under GPL-3 only and thus do not allow the use in GPL-2 software. The arm64 version currently relies on the system library which is libedit. If it is of interest I can check if readline 5.2 can be built for arm64, but it predates the architecture by quite a few years ;).