[R-SIG-Mac] rlang and the new R version 4.1.0

Tue May 25 22:53:30 CEST 2021

There are many of these. Some of these "solutions" copy the actual installed packages and then run "update.packages"... which is a very bad idea. Other solutions identify the names of the packages and install fresh (good idea) but they will hiccup when you install from non-standard sources. So some people will conclude that the former are "better" and then complain that "things don't work" when they should have preferred the latter and invested the effort needed for those non-standard sources.

You would be doing a service if you identified the blog you used so the mailing list archive can clarify to future readers which category of "solution" you had followed when you encountered this problem.

Do read snippets from the Internets before running them.