[R-SIG-Mac] rlang and the new R version 4.1.0

Simon Urbanek @|mon@urb@nek @end|ng |rom R-project@org
Tue May 25 22:10:20 CEST 2021

Hans,

you seem to be using old library from 4.0 (see the 4.0 in the path). Make sure you remove old packages and use a clean library for 4.1 since you cannot mix packages from R 4.0.x and R 4.1.0. I would best recommend removing (or re-naming) ~/Library/R before installation to make sure you don't have incompatible old packages. Also don't forget to re-start R.

(Marc, I can't parse your post, it makes no sense to me, there no R-devel involved in any of this, so please post separately about whatever is on your heart as that doesn't seem to be related).