[R-SIG-Mac] rlang and the new R version 4.1.0

Marc Schwartz m@rc_@chw@rtz @end|ng |rom me@com
Tue May 25 16:06:51 CEST 2021

Hi,

You might try a different CRAN mirror to see if perhaps the rlang binary
that you are getting is corrupted.

Looking at CRAN for the package, the results for rlang on what is
supposed to be R release on macOS:

   https://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_rlang.html

shows a header indicating that R devel is being used, not R release:

https://www.r-project.org/nosvn/R.check/r-release-macos-x86_64/rlang-00check.html

So, I am not clear if there is a macOS binary build issue that may be
resulting in a conflict of sorts.

A spot check of other CRAN packages (including my own) shows the same
use of R devel for macOS, and not R release, so perhaps there is a wider
issue going on with CRAN builds, unless I am missing something here.

Simon (cc'd now) may be able to address that issue.

Regards,

Marc Schwartz