[R-SIG-Mac] rlang and the new R version 4.1.0

Hans W hwborcher@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue May 25 15:16:19 CEST 2021

I installed the new R version 4.1.0 on my (normal) Macbook, and
everything seemed to work fine until one of the packages depended on
the 'rlang' package and I got the following error:

    > library(rlang)
    Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘rlang’ in
    dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...): unable to load
    shared object '/Users/hwb/Library/R/4.0/library/rlang/libs/rlang.so':
    dlopen(/Users/hwb/Library/R/4.0/library/rlang/libs/rlang.so, 6):
    Library not loaded:
    /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/4.0/Resources/lib/libR.dylib
    Referenced from: /Users/hwb/Library/R/4.0/library/rlang/libs/rlang.so
    Reason: image not found

So I removed 'rlang' and reinstalled it. There was no error message,
but when I tried to load it, the error message was:

    Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘rlang’ in
    get(Info[i, 1], envir = env): lazy-load database
    '/Users/hwb/Library/R/4.0/library/rlang/R/rlang.rdb' is corrupt
    In addition: Warning message:
    In get(Info[i, 1], envir = env) : internal error -3 in R_decompress1

One of my current applications relies on 'rvest' which depends on
'rlang'. For the moment I am using it from a Linux computer, but it's
quite unfortunate that I cannot run it from macOS as well.

I also uninstalled the new R version and reinstalled it, but nothing
changed. Could you give me a hint on what to do (or what I did wrong)?