[R-SIG-Mac] Corrupt R installation

Dr Eberhard Lisse no@p@m @end|ng |rom ||@@e@NA
Wed Jun 9 11:00:19 CEST 2021

Besides that Homebrew does not explain any chaos and does not do a
fragile mess, he clearly stated that his installation is
managed/controlled by his University, so the below isn't helpful.

See my other response in this thread about how to automagically
re-install packages after Homebrew updates.

el

On 09/06/2021 02:07, Simon Urbanek wrote:

> You seem to have entirely non-standard setup that you're on your own
> and I assume you're not using CRAN R since you involve homebrew (which
> explains the chaos) so presumably you re-compiled R yourself and all
> packages, but I'd like to point out that if all you are after is
> OpenMP support then you don't need any of that fragile mess as
> explained at https://mac.r-project.org/openmp/
>
> Cheers,
> Simon
>

>> On 9/06/2021, at 8:46 AM, moleps islon <moleps2 using gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
>> I have no idea why, but my R installation (Mac OS X - Big Sur)
>> automatically updates causing havoc with my libraries each time. My Mac is
>> under administration from the university and their software center, but
>> they claim it is not their fault - but I still suspect them for causing all
>> the trouble.
[...]

--
To email me replace 'nospam' with 'el'