[R-SIG-Mac] Corrupt R installation

Dr Eberhard Lisse no@p@m @end|ng |rom ||@@e@NA
Wed Jun 9 10:55:03 CEST 2021

On 08/06/2021 22:46, moleps islon wrote:
[...]
> I have no idea why, but my R installation (Mac OS X - Big Sur)
> automatically updates causing havoc with my libraries each time.  My
> Mac is under administration from the university and their software
> center, but they claim it is not their fault - but I still suspect
> them for causing all the trouble.
[...]

Sounds like Homebrew to me.  If so, or anyway, create a file (before
updating) which contains something like

	 #!/usr/bin/env Rscript --vanilla
	 #
	 # set the Mirror
	 #
	 local({
		r <- getOption("repos")
		 r["CRAN"] <- "https://cloud.r-project.org/"
		options(repos = r)
	 })
	 install.packages(c(
		  "lubridate",
		  "tidyverse"
	 ), dependencies = TRUE)

or similar and run it if the additional libraries disappear.

You can fill this with something like

	 grep -h library *R \
	 |awk -F 'library' '{print $2}' \
	 |sed 's/(//g;s/)//g' \
	 |sort -u \
	 |awk '{print "\"" $1 "\","}'

or in a few lines of the language of your choice generate the whole
script. And of course refine to your liking with something like

	 find ~/R -name '*.R' -exec grep -h library {} ';' \

greetings, el

--
To email me replace 'nospam' with 'el'