[R-SIG-Mac] R for macOS Big Sur

Brandon Hurr br@ndon@hurr @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Jan 11 00:16:33 CET 2021

It is my understanding that R is working via Rosetta 2 but I don’t have an
M1 machine yet to test.
See here:
https://developer.r-project.org/Blog/public/2020/11/02/will-r-work-on-apple-silicon/index.html

There is rapid movement on native ARM compatibility across all languages
and software. Stay tuned but plunge in and report issues when you can.