[R-SIG-Mac] more rgl problems

Richard M. Heiberger rmh @end|ng |rom temp|e@edu
Thu Feb 18 01:36:06 CET 2021

This is repeatable when the lines are all pasted in at once.
The example works if I allow some time delay between lines.

This is might be a relative of the one from a few months ago.
But this message is about invalid permissions.
=====

R version 4.0.4 RC (2021-02-12 r79998) -- "Lost Library Book"
Copyright (C) 2021 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin17.0 (64-bit)

  Natural language support but running in an English locale

Type 'q()' to quit R.

> setwd('/Users/rmh/Rwd/')
> library(rgl)
> x <- matrix(1:3, 1,3)
> plot(1:10, col=7)
> open3d()
error: xp_attach_gl_context returned: 2

 *** caught segfault ***
address 0x18, cause 'invalid permissions'

Traceback:
 1: rgl.open(useNULL)
 2: open3d()

Possible actions:
1: abort (with core dump, if enabled)
2: normal R exit
3: exit R without saving workspace
4: exit R saving workspace
Selection:

====
MacBookAir with the M1 chip using the regular intel version of R from CRAN.
Big Sur 11.2.1.
The plot(1:10), col=7) ## went by default to the quartz() device.

I repeated this about 5 times in ESS, and then once in Terminal.