[R-SIG-Mac] [External] Re: [External] Re: [External] Please test R 4.0.4 RC

Richard M. Heiberger rmh @end|ng |rom temp|e@edu
Sat Feb 13 23:08:06 CET 2021

another new session

> setwd('/Users/rmh/Rwd/')
> Sys.getenv("DISPLAY")
[1] "/private/tmp/com.apple.launchd.l0xAmiv83n/org.xquartz:0"
> unlink(Sys.getenv("DISPLAY"))
>    Sys.setenv(DISPLAY=":0.0")
> X11()
xcrun: error: invalid active developer path (/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools), missing xcrun at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun
Error in .External2(C_X11, d$display, d$width, d$height, d$pointsize,  :
  unable to start device X11
In addition: Warning messages:
1: In system2("otool", c("-L", shQuote(DSO)), stdout = TRUE) :
  running command ''otool' -L '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/modules/R_X11.so'' had status 1
2: In X11() : unable to open connection to X11 display ''
> Sys.getenv("DISPLAY")

I didn't make any more changes to the Xquartz.  I previously had the beta and replaced it with 2.7.11, so I just continued from there.