[R-SIG-Mac] [External] Re: [External] Please test R 4.0.4 RC

Simon Urbanek @|mon@urb@nek @end|ng |rom R-project@org
Sat Feb 13 22:54:51 CET 2021

As mentioned earlier, the issue is likely that your X11-auto-launch is not working. You can start X11 (=XQuartz) yourself and set DISPLAY=:0 as you would on any unix system or start X11 with X11(":0")
[personally, I hate that auto-launch "feature" since it tries to start XQuartz even if you don't want it].