[R-SIG-Mac] Reverse search not working in ARM binary of R-4.1.2 (or 4.1.0) from CRAN

Ziv Wolkowicki z|vwo|kow|ck| @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Dec 9 18:13:41 CET 2021

Team,

I have an unusual issue I am only observing on specific binaries of R. I used to have ARM build of R-4.1.0 from https://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/ <https://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/>, and updated to R-4.1.2 running on my M1 Mac. Hitting ‘Ctrl+R’ (reverse search of previously run commands) did nothing on either version. It does not react in any way. Though it reacts to Ctrl+C for example, so it is respond to some signals.

The unusual thing is, installing the ARM version for R-4.1.2 from homebrew, and also the x86 Mac build of R-4.1.2 from https://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/ <https://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/>, Ctrl+R works just fine.

I still have both homebrew and pre-packaged versions installed on my system if you need some additional information or experiments run.

Thanks,
Ziv