[R-SIG-Mac] plot window not showing most recent plot?

peter dalgaard pd@|gd @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sat Sep 5 18:09:57 CEST 2020

Works fine for me when started from R in Terminal. Cmd-leftarrow and Cmd-rightarrow do their thing, as listed in the menu - provided the graphics window has focus, otherwise they switch virtual desktops (of course).

-pd

> On 5 Sep 2020, at 17:59 , Tim Bates <timothy.c.bates using gmail.com> wrote:
>
> R for R 4.0.2 GUI 1.72 Catalina build (7847)
>
> Oops, I was going off muscle memory - I see that Quartz:Forward and Back are set to "⌘ tab" and "⌘⇧ tab"  (which can't do anything as they're captured by the app switcher).
>
> What are you seeing as the keys for Quartz:Forward and Quartz:Back?
>
> Playing around, ⌘ left-arrow works to go back one graph, but only one time, and ⌘ right arrow doesn't do anything.
>
> Clicking the actual menu items when the quartz window contains 2 graphs, back take me back, but then forward doesn't take me forward...
>

>> On 5 Sep 2020, at 4:29 pm, Duncan Murdoch <murdoch.duncan using gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Which front end are you using?  The cmd-] and cmd-[ don't do anything in the ones I'm using.
>>
>> Duncan Murdoch
>>
>> On 05/09/2020 8:23 a.m., Timothy Bates wrote:
>>> In R version: R version 4.0.2 (2020-06-22), I’m seeing the plot window not advance when a new ggplot is drawn.
>>> calls to plot() advance the quartz window to the newest “frame”, but calls to ggplot2::qplot() show the graph only the first time the function is called in the quartz window’s history.
>>> For subsequent qplots, the pane does not advance to show the new plot, instead staying on which ever “frame’ in the plot history it was at.
>>> repro
>>> plot(wt ~ mpg, data=mtcars) # displays