[R-SIG-Mac] Apple Silicon aka M1 Macs

Gábor Csárdi c@@rd|@g@bor @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Nov 17 16:47:19 CET 2020

One thing that I noticed both on Silicon and the intel macs at GitHub
Actions, is that the CRAN installer does not create the symlinks in
`/usr/local/bin`. Probably some permission or entitlement issue. So
you'll probably want to create them manually. E.g. on GHA it goes like
this:
https://github.com/r-lib/ps/blob/a24f2c4d1bdba63be14e7729b9ab81d0ed9f719e/.github/workflows/R-CMD-check.yaml#L42-L45

G.