[R-SIG-Mac] Versions of spatial external software

Simon Urbanek @|mon@urb@nek @end|ng |rom R-project@org
Sat May 23 22:31:04 CEST 2020

Roger,

as discussed at https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-mac/2020-May/013524.html <https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-mac/2020-May/013524.html> there is a well-defined way for package authors to request particular versions of macOS libraries they depend on If they so desire (I presume that’s why this discussion is on R-SIG-Mac and not R-SIG-Geo). In this case you are pretty much the only person who knows that your package has limited functionality with some versions as that information is not available in the package dependency entry.