[R-SIG-Mac] Update to versions GEOS 3.8.0, GDAL 3.0.4 and PROJ 7.0.0 in macOS Catalina

Simon Urbanek @|mon@urb@nek @end|ng |rom R-project@org
Sat May 23 00:56:16 CEST 2020

Manuel,

see
https://github.com/R-macos/recipes <https://github.com/R-macos/recipes>
you can update the recipes to use the required versions to build a setup that works for your package. Once you do you can issue a pull request so we can update CRAN accordingly.

Please note that it is generally not a good idea to require latests versions as that excludes a large number of users from using your package. Many user don't have control over dependent libraries and must use supported versions. The mainstream LTS versions right now are geos 3.6.2, gdal 2.2.3 and proj 4.9.3 and latest non-LTS are geos 3.7.1, gdal 2.4.0 and proj 5.2.0 which is pretty much the maximum you can realistically require.